Saturday, September 3, 2022

Medicine department current stance on LORs


Conversational learning transcripts :


[9/3, 9:09 AM] LOR Seeker: Hi sir 
Good morning


[9/3, 9:10 AM] LOR Seeker: 

Hope you are doing good 
Myself ... 
I am from 2Kxy batch.
I did my internship under you.

I was with xyz mam, abc sir..PGs 


[9/3, 9:12 AM] LOR Seeker: I gave my step exams and currently working as a research fellow currently at ...US 


I need your support for the residency application. 

I am so sry I am very informal texting you.

I am currently in US,so couldn't meet you in person to request you an LOR.


[9/3, 9:13 AM] LOR Seeker: Could you please send me your email address so that I can send my eras portal request to upload an LOR.


Thank you.

Hope you consider my request. 

Sincerely, 


[9/3, 9:14 AM] Medicine Department: 

Can you share some links to your work to let me assess you for the LOR?


[9/3, 9:17 AM] LOR Seeker: Sir,I will send few cases which I worked on and presented.

The mortality and morbidity meets which I attended.

Amma Nana ashram visits.

But in that year,we didn't create an online portal for our patients which was started 2 years later...

[9/3, 9:19 AM] Medicine Department : Currently we are providing LORs only to our students who are working with us in our current projects here 👇



[9/3, 9:27 AM] LOR Seeker: Ok sir 
Thank you ...
I will try uploading my cases if I can.


[9/3, 9:31 AM] Medicine Department : 

No we may have a better project role for you. 

Can you share the deficiencies in the current case reports posted by the current batches listed here 👇

We can add you to our current 2017 case discussion group for the same


[9/3, 9:33 AM] LOR Seeker: Yes sir
Sure will do


[9/3, 9:42 AM] LOR Seeker: It was so good and helpful.
I could have asked you and joined the group long back..

I have my deadline to upload my LOR in 10 days.

Still,I will do my best and be in touch base with my juniors and provide my input.


[9/3, 9:43 AM] Medicine Department : Better get that LOR from the college Principal office as per protocol


[9/3, 9:45 AM] LOR Seeker: Most of the program's are asking from the chair of Internal Medicine sir.

I have submitted my MSPE from principal sir.

I worked under you during my internship.So,thought I would take from you


[9/3, 9:47 AM] Medicine Department : 

Should have thought about it earlier. We don't do 10 days.  10 months is the least we can do although most of our LOR students are 5 years


[9/3, 9:49 AM] LOR Seeker: Yes sir .I even regret that.

I didn't knew that,my friends last year have taken like that.
So I am not sure of the process.

I am really sorry for that.

Thank you for adding me to the group.


[9/3, 9:51 AM] Medicine Department : 

Many of your friends didn't get our LOR as they couldn't live up to these requirements we set for them

Previous stance on LORs from Medicine department :



No comments: